Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Mama-baby time

James has taken a short trip for work (an overnight to North Carolina), so Augie and I are on our own until tomorrow. Well, I also have Queequeg to keep me company, though Augie remains fairly uninterested in what's going on in Mama's belly (though he did discover my belly button this evening, shortly after exploring his own at dinner, which was funny until he started digging around in there with his sharp fingernails (his nails are nearly impossible to cut)).

Morning prunes:



Since Baba's gone, someone's gotta wear his shoes!

This is actually from a few days ago; Augie was napping in his room and I was reading on my bed. I heard his door open (he's in a Montessori bed again) and then he walked into my room, holding his blanket. I picked him up and put him on me for some cuddles - and he actually stayed there long enough that I thought he'd fallen asleep again! This was such a wonderful feeling for me, because Augie rarely sits still long enough for a true cuddle. It reminded me of when he was a tiny baby in the first few months of life, when he would sleep part of the night on my chest. I miss feeling his weight, his warmth, his belly breathing into mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment