Monday, June 9, 2014

Getting back into the groove

I'm proud to announce that, after three days of training, I've passed the Music Together teacher training course! I count this as a huge accomplishment because I haven't done anything related to music since I was about eight years old, and I've been told more than once that I can't sing. But the creator, developer, and trainer for Music Together thinks I can (ahem, if I pick the right key)!

While I was off doing that, James and Augie were getting in trouble together, though I'm pleased to say that we all survived the weekend.

I'm amazed with Augie now: he's definitely in a language-learning phase. He seems to add a new word every day (today it was "rock", other new additions include his variations of "milk", "our car", and "more."). And he wants to read all the time, and when he brings us a book, we often have to read it 2, 3, 4 times before he's happy. While it can be tedious for us to read the same rhymes over and over, it's great brain food for him and it's obvious that he's soaking it all in.

Here are some shots from the days before and after my training:






2 comments:

  1. Lovely.
    Looks like the little man is plumping-up--time for a growth surge?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think so! He's definitely gotten bigger, and he's jumped into the next quartile for weight (he'd been around the 50th percent for almost a year) - so maybe he's ready to start shooting up!

      Delete