Wednesday, November 13, 2013

11 months - My baby

I've been delinquent about taking pictures of Augie lately. We haven't been going anywhere new or doing anything particularly exciting, so I guess I just forget to take pictures. I've snapped a couple, but they're just okay.

But that isn't to say that it's just boring and ho-hum around here. I have to confess that I'm falling more in love with Augie every day, as trite as that may be. He's just the most beautiful, dreamy baby I've ever had (oh, wait, he's the only baby I've ever had). I said to James yesterday morning, "I'm so lucky to get to spend my days with him." I am. Sure, we're making something of a financial sacrifice for me to be home with Augie, but I can't imagine anything it's more worth making a sacrifice for: spending the first year of my son's life with him.

Through no particular tutelage or training of ours, Augie has figured out how to dribble a soccer ball. No lie. I've been coaching 6-year old kids for six weeks and they still can't dribble like Augie can. Today he dribbled from the living room into the bedroom - and then turned around to come back (he lost interest before returning to the living room). James and I are both sort of amazed; I think it might be a fluke, like he and the ball just happen to be headed in the same direction at the same time. We'll try to get video.

And I think he's learning to sign! I'll spare you the details, but I'm fairly certain that twice today he signed to me that he was pooping. We have NOT tried to potty train him or been crazy about teaching him sign language - we just do the sign for potty anytime that we notice him pooping and say things like, "Augie, you're going potty!" And twice today he made a new hand motion, very like waving but with a subtle difference, after which he had a stinky bum. Considering he doesn't regularly use any words, this is very exciting.

For those of you who just come for the pictures:

I always hear Vanilla Ice when I see pictures of him with his hands up like this: "All right stop, collaborate and listen..."

1 comment: