Wednesday, October 28, 2015

Day off at Djurgården

By "day off", what I really mean is a day on for me. We've had a couple of gorgeous fall days when I've felt that all I wanted to do was run around with my babies - so that's what we did. I've done this three times now - kept August home from dagis and taken the boys on some sort of outdoor adventure. This last Monday we went to Djurgården to visit the aquarium and see what else we could find.

Both kids liked the aquarium, but it's quite difficult to have two-under-twos in a small space with lots of other people. August loved running around and finding all the different fish, while Leif mostly clung to me. As stressful as it may have been, I loved watching them experience new things and have fun.

Leif makes the most beautiful little "ooo" face when he sees something exciting; his lips form a perfect O. It's not great, but here's a profile shot:


After lunch we found a beautiful picnic spot on a carpet of yellow leaves:

Both kids sat on the bench and ate, ate, ate:

I loved seeing them sitting together (holding still!):

And then running around:

The books took a stroller nap while I walked and walked and walked, finding new views:

And I finally found the perfect arrangement for the double nap:


After the nap we found a little playground before heading home:

I was exhausted by the time we got home - I thought I was going to fall asleep driving, thank goodness we'd picked up James to keep me awake. I'm hoping to get in 1-2 more adventures before the weather turns too cold to be outside all day.

1 comment:

  1. What a glorious day for you all! The boys are blessed to have you as a mom.

    ReplyDelete