Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Day 116 - We're going places

I'm happy to report that last night was the best we've had in a week. (Thank goodness, because yesterday was the worst I've had as a mother, ever). We still got up every 3-4 hours, but that's better than every hour.

At one of his wake-ups last night, after feeding him, he wouldn't go back to sleep. So he just played around in the bassinet - and then I realized that he was rolling from side to side, practicing turning over! Eventually he stopped moving and I looked over to see what was going on - he had fallen asleep on his side! This guy is so into developing his skill set that he practices in his sleep.

I am thrilled to report that today was a great day in Augieland, and all that practice is paying off. Look what Augie can do (note: I was the camerawoman and the playmate, so the video isn't great) -


I suspect he'll still be up practicing tonight, going for the unassisted rollover. And then he has to learn the front-to-back maneuver. So we likely still have some low-sleep nights ahead, but now we're getting somewhere.

2 comments:

  1. Oh wow, that's so funny because Jonah rolled back to tummy for the first time yesterday too! Your video is way better than ours, but I still watched it (K took it) about a dozen times while at the office. Congrats Augie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i want to hear about your worst day as a mother! is that terrible that i want to hear about that?! xxxoo

    ReplyDelete