Monday, April 28, 2014

Lincoln Park Conservatory

(After this post, I'll be done playing catch-up!).

On a wintry spring day in Chicago, Augie, James and I went to the Lincoln Park Conservatory to get a much-needed infusion of green. My uncles took me here years and years ago (I think!), and it was such a pleasure to return.

I know this is out of focus, but I love that little smile:

My favorite fern, the maidenhair:

Little explorer:

Like son, like father:


Oh, how I miss all that shaggy hair!


Just inspecting the water lines and drainage systems:

While I'm at it, might as well check Baba's teeth:

Definitely gonna need some work done:

1 comment:

  1. I can empathize with your sadness over the lost shaggy baby hair. The good news is that it will be back in no time - I promise. We were really regretful when we got Jonah's hair cut, and then before we knew it we were contemplating another trim because it was back in his eyes and all over the place. I do think that we need to find a new place to take him where the stylist really listens to us when we say "We want his hair to stay long, we like it that way. We just want you to clean it up a bit." The place we've been twice seems to universally assume that boys need short hair, and I'm not down with that.

    ReplyDelete